Thursday 9 June 2011

Juneathon the ninth

Feeling a little better today....well enough to walk around the bay as usual.

I've been having problems with craving sweet things over the last couple of days, and so instead of reaching for the biscuits, I thought I'd have a go at some low GI flapjacks. I made a batch last night, and I must say they are jolly good.

Recipe:
250g porridge oats
50g dessicated coconut
3tbsp Agave
200g dried cranberries (I used Ocean Spray Craisins)
120mls Flora Cuisine
a good dose of cinnamon
100g reduced fat peanut butter.

Heat oven to 180 deg/gas 4
Pour hot water over craisins and leave to swell, then drain.
Mix everything else in a bowl.
Add craisins
Cram the lot into a swiss roll tin (I lined my grill pan as it was the right dimensions 27cmx18cm) and press down firmly.
Cook in oven for 30 mins
Cool slightly before marking into 24 bits (portions are not huge btw)
4 WW Plus Points per bit


(The above is for illustrative purposes only as I ate my flapjack before I could photo it...so this is what they look like, but photo taken from Google selection!)

I'm having one now with a berry smoothie as my breakfast. They're not too sweet, and full of flap-jacky goodness.

Have a go yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment